Subject: [Leica] FS:Leica M6 TTL 0.85/35mm Summicron-M
From: s.barrett@usa.net
Date: 16 Feb 2001 22:37:28 MST

I have For Sale a lovely Chrome Leica M6TTL 0.85 #249xxx with matching chrome
pre-ASPH 35mm Summicron-M #35xxx. Both are nearly like new, in their boxes
with caps, hood, instructions, etc, except that the M6TTL body has a 1/4"
abrasion on its top edge inflicted by a minor bump with the lens barrel on
another camera. This defect hardly detracts from the beauty of this camera and
lens. I like the black Leica bodies because of their 'stealth' quality.
However, in my opinion, this chrome M6TTL 0.85 is far more handsome than the
black version. The chrome 35mm Summicron has a much higher look and feel of
quality than the black version, too. Relative to the black lens, I understand
the chrome 35mm pre-ASPH Summicron is rare. Although I've never owned one, I
can't imagine that the abilities of the ASPH 35mm Summicron-M could be
dramatically better than this earlier version. I do know for sure that this
pre-ASPH 35mm Summicron-M has image making performance that is indeed
spectacular. It is also more compact than the ASPH version. I have another M6
and don't need two. I have decided to sell this one. This is a truly beautiful
camera and lens combination that will bring much pleasure to its new owner!
$2500.00 plus $15.00 USA shipping. If interested, please respond to my email
address: s.barrett@usa.net