Subject: Re: [Leica] Film Demise
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 21:58:29 -0400

At 09:13 PM 4/26/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> wrote:
>
> > I have to say that I was very grateful for digital cameras
> > this past week-end. My first grandchild was born on Sunday
> > night. I took many photographs - both digital and film - with
> > my Leicas and with a Nikon 990. The digital photos I sent
> > to the other grandparents in England within half an hour of
> > the baby's birth. They were ecstatic to receive them almost
> > instantly. I could never have done that with the film photos.
>
>That's so cool, Tina. :-) I have a Nikon CoolPix 800 and have often used it
>to take family and vacation snaps, which I then quickly fire off via e-mail
>to friends & family all over the place, including my aunts, uncles & cousins
>in Scotland. Great stuff.
>
>I've recently discovered another handy use for digicams: infrared
>photography. The CP800 has good infrared sensitivity...just screw on a black
>87C filter, put the camera on a tripod and have at it. You can use the LCD
>screen to compose, though the image is on the dim side. Exposures in
>sunlight at EI 100 are in the ½ sec. range.
>
>-Dave-

Hi, Dave -

I didn't know about the infrared use!  Thanks!  I am amazed at how well the
990 does with macro photography.  I can even use it to duplicate 35mm
slides.  It will get right down on the slide on my light box and does a
better job than my Beseler slide duplicator and real film, not to mention a
much faster and cheaper duplicate.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com