Subject: Re: [Leica] rec.photo.equipment.35mm
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:41:40 +0200

> > more wrong.  Money doesn't buy class.
> >

> It is as simple as that this guy cannot afford a Leica or a F5. Perhaps he
> has "class" whatever this could be but he has not got a real good camera and
> has a strong will to do it. Almost every friend of mine I know with a Leica
> or a F5 is  really a good photograph.

And these others aren't your friends? :-)

> Perhaps he
> has "class" whatever this could be but he has not got a real good camera

Actually he got couple of M bodies and lenses. And Nikon F when we are at it.

And when we are at it: can you show some photos to prove that owning
a Leica (and a Nikon, Contax, Contax G, Hasselblad and Bronica, as
far as I remember your equipment) made you a good photographer? :-)

As far as I know, true art skills is something money cannot buy, even
if  you are a lawyer or a manager of biggest steel plant in your
neighbourhood. Yes, better camera will help you shoot some photos,
some of things you simply cannot do with cheaper one. But I saw
too many people showing his "professionalism" with Nikon F they
were bringing with them to make some candid shots..

Oh! forget it!
I definitely need a woman today:

'Cingera Leonora/.
(con dolorosa esclamazione)
Oh giusto cielo!

:-)
- -----
                          St. Il Trovatore
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy
            Echelon/Carnivore lines: Bob Black, Hakim Bey,
           Ralph Klein, Sabotage in the American Workplace