Subject: RE: [Leica] 6x9/6x7/6x4.5 rangefinders
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 23:06:45 -0400

> I decided that Fuji was out because of
> 2) the shutter, again, which requires on "T" to
> rotate the ring to close (can you imagine the mind-boggling stupidity
> of this design?);

The shutter does not have to be on "T" on the GS645 folder to close the
camera.  It is the focusing ring that has to be at infinity.  Infinity has
it closest to the body, so the cover will shut.  There is nothing stupid
about that.  It also has to be wound.

It (GS645) does have a common problem with the bellows, but other than that,
if you have a new/good bellows, it's the best portable MF I've ever used for
size and performance.  It is slightly awkward to use too, since the controls
are so close together and don't have much of anything to grab...but it's
easy to get used to providing you do not have large clumsy fingers.