Subject: Re: [Leica] photography in stores, malls, etc.
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 17:40:56 -0500

mxsmanic@hotmail.com (Mxsmanic)6/21/0110:21 PM

> I guess they could argue that a tripod might damage something.
Still, how much
> damage can you do to dirt?  Do they explain the rationale
behind the requirement
> for a permit?

Certainly to generate revenue. And also to control who generates
revenue from the site images. As far as doing damage apparently a
recent event involving a professional photographer, who lit fires
in buckets, to do night photography in a national park did not
help our cause. He not only left smoke marks on rock formations
but didn't bother to pickup the debris from the set up (not to
mention the potential fire hazzard).

George