Subject: [Leica] Digital
From: "vic di sylvester" <mb230@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 04:12:02

There has been much discussion over the last year or so about the mechanical
Leica and wet darkroom as compared to digital. Well, it seems much space on
this list is now being devoted to the "Digital" stuff. As the quality of
"Digital" improves so fast it appears the future will be tilted towards
digital cameras and printing. On a recent trip overseas I shot approx. 100
rolls of slide film.  The cost of film and processing was $1,000.  If I send
the better prints to a Lab instead of scanning and printing myself the cost
difference between the film, processing and printing starts to become a
major difference in cost. When I begin to think of the amount of film I
shoot during a year it is difficult not to start thinking of a digital
camera for some of my work. And the quality from the digital prints are
good, in fact, very good.