Subject: Re: [Leica] more noctilux images
From: shino@ubspainewebber.com
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:08:08 -0400 (EDT)

all the scans are virtually full-frame, no cropping at all.

the vignetting becomes more apparent depending on how much
contrast you put into the image.  i probably bumped up contrast
on the last 2 more than the others...likely because all lighting
was diffuse.  my contrast adjustments are over the entire image,
but i am really a photoshop neophyte.  the image at the bottom
left isn't actually that good and my contrast adjustment makes
the bottom look pretty bad.  i have not achieved a disciplined
photoshop image-adjustment methodoloy.

both the vertical images 3&4, show vignetting as well, but it
probably masked by the subject matter (uneven clouds up top
and water and beach at the bottom).

i suppose it's a matter of taste, but i generally like the vignetting
effect of the noctilux.  it's really apparent when you look at
a contact sheet of noctilux images; you can see 36 little luminous globes
all lined up.

- -rei