Subject: Re: [Leica] Which Leica P and S camera should I get?
From: "Mark Pope" <mark.teampope@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 13:10:20 +0100

Hi Albert,

Dependending on whether a zoom lens is important to you, I'd recommend that
you also take a look at the Ricoh GR1s.  I know it's not Leica, but the lens
(28mm f2.8) is superb and the camera body is made from magnesium allow and
hence feels very robust.
What's more, the camera gives you some very useful focusing options.
Exposure control is  really flexible, with aperture priority operation as
well as program mode and +/- 2 stops exposure compensation.  You can also
fit filters to the lens via a special bayonet collar that takes 30.5mm
filters.
Finally, it  really is very compact and will easily fit into a shirt pocket.

I love mine

Regards

Mark Pope
Swindon, Wilts