Subject: [Leica] Big Questions about Leicaflex and 1-cam lenses! :)
From: "Wang, Albert" <Albert.Wang@ibx.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:30:44 -0400

Hi fellow Leica peeps,

I just recently procured a Leicaflex 2nd version with the standard 1-cam
Summicron 2:50mm lens which I totally dig! :) I really like the SLR in many
ways because it reminds me of the rangefinders since you have to focus in
the smaller middle circle with the outside boundaries. In that way, the
Leicaflex is a transition point between a true SLR and a rangefinder like
the M6.

Now for my questions:

1) Any opinions or personal experiences with the Leicaflex (SL/SL2)? Do you
like the "rangefinder" capability of the Leicaflex?

2) For the 1 cam lens used on the Leicaflex, can I stick it on the R-series
cameras without breaking or cracking the bayonet or any other parts of the
cameras for the R3 to R8? I know all about the problems with metering but
since I use an outside light meter I am not worried about that aspect. I am
only interested in knowing whether a 1 cam stuck on a R8 will damage any
part of the R8 body physically and crack or twist the bayonet mount...? :) I
don't plan to upgrade the 1 cam lens I plan to collect :)

The reason why I ask is because I talked to the CBOP camera shop and they
tell me not to stick 1 cam lens on a R3 to R8 and when I talked to Link
Harper he mentioned that it was fine to stick a 1 cam lens on any R-series
cameras as long as I know to change the depth of field to take a metering.
Different advice for my own confusion!!! :) Please help :)

Thanks for your help and advice :)

sincerely,
Alfie
DISCLAIMER