Subject: [Leica] Re: SL plus lens
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:13:44 -0800

> Hi Nathan. The guy selling has gone down to the equivalent of $350
including
> an Elmarit 35/2.8 in OK shape and a Summicron 90 in lousy shape (lens hood
> gone, needs lubrication and scratch marks on front element).

About a month ago I looked at an SL in a local shop. The price was $500 with
50/Summi. I had a Rollei 35S in my pocket with half a roll of Provia 100
left so I shot a few test subjects,  rewound it and loaded the SL. I shot
the same test subjects with the 50 and with a 35/2.8 Elmarit.A range of
f-stops was used. On getting the film developed in an unmounted strip I
discovered the Rollei 35S 40mm Sonnar was superior to either Leitz lens
under a good loup. In particular,  the contrast was much greater. 'Darn good
little camera...

Bill Lawlor