Subject: Re: [Leica] Pro Basketball Game
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:09:23 -0400

Bill:

Typical lighting at these venues is 1/500th at f1.8 or f2 on 400 speed
film.  Shoot E200 or Provia 400fF if you want slides.  If you can use an
incident meter and get a reading from the floor.  Shoot on manual once you
figure out the exposure.  E200 is pretty decent at a one stop push
(EI320).  Provia 400F is pretty decent up to EI1600.  For prints, fuji 800
is the best for dealing with the odd color balance of the
lighting.  Examples are at the links below, all shot with Leicas.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/NCAA2001.htm

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/Noctilux.htm

If you are at court side a 90mm of 50mm lens will get some great shots when
they are coming up the floor.  Fast prime lenses are pretty cheap for a
Nikon ( f2.8 is not fast!
).  If you are under the net, bring your Leica, focus a 90mm Summicron on
the net and shoot away.  As long as you don't move or the net doesn't move,
the players under the net will be in focus.  See the Noctilux shot at the
link above for an example of this.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert