Subject: RE: [Leica] Fedex film to Paris?
From: "Robert D. Baron" <rbaron@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 09:18:08 -0600

fwiw, on our last trip to Paris (12/01) all my film (including Supra
800, TriX400 and TMax 3200, from my stash previously purchased by mail
from B&H and kept in our freezer) passed through a carryon bag xray
scanner at my hometown airport.  After I had used it in Paris I put it
in a padded FedEx envelope I carry with me with a preaddressed (by me,
charged to my FedEx account) FedEx International label to a lab in NY.
When we checked out of our hotel I left it with the concierge and FedEx
picked it up the next working day. I believe the total FedEx charge was
around $40 and I saw no evidence of fog.

We like Paris most any time of year but have started going there for the
week before Christmas, when it is very pretty but also somewhat less 'in
your face' than many U.S. cities. Note it can be cool, cold, wet, or dry
(this past December when we were there it was mostly dry and _very_
cold) but one constant in the winter months is _short daylight hours_ so
be prepared to shoot in dim or dark light a good part of the time.

- --Bob Baron / Oklahoma City