Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon 200mm f/2 vs Leica 180mm f/2
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:18:24 -0400

Sam:

The weight will actually help you hold it steadier.  You need to hold it
like you do a rifle, with your elbows braced against your sides.  It gets
too heavy if you do not brace the weight against your body.

On another topic, my  best Superbike pans have been with the 180 APO
Summicron.  The weight makes for a very fluid pan and follow through.  With
fast moving (100MPH) motor cycles, I was panning at 1/90th and f8 or f11,
so a slower lens would have done the job.

Regards,

Robert