Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Gray market film
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 19:23:02 -0400

Mike:

Prices have to do with what the market is willing to bear.  For example my
2002 Yukon XL SLT in Canada lists for about $59K CAD ($37K USD).  I had a
friend that just came from the USA and said they were $55k USD.  It seems
that Americans pay $17,000 more for the same vehicle which is made in the
USA.  Americans have more disposable income and seem to be willing to pay
more for most things.

With the film, B&H buys it in a country were people, including the
wholesaler, don't pay as much for stuff and then imports it back to the USA.

Regards,

Robert