Subject: Re: [Leica] CL Rangefinder alignment problem
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 17:59:24 -0700

The horizontal and vertical alignment of the CL is adjusted through the
plastic covered access hole by the hotshoe. It is very easy to damage the
plastic plug and scratch the top cover so BE VERY CAREFUL. After the plug is
out you will see a set screw in the middle of an eccentric nut. The set
screw adjusts the vertical alignment and the eccentric nut adjusts the
horizontal alignment. You may need to fabricate tools to do the adjustments
correctly. DO NOT TRY TO BODGE IT WITH THE WRONG TOOLS AND DO NOT APPLY ANY
VERTICAL LOAD AGAINST THE ADJUSTERS. Only apply a small amount of force to
turn the adjuster and turn the adjusters a small amount at a time.

John Collier