Subject: Re. [Leica] Soft filter for 90 Elmarit...
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:41:47 -0800 (PST)

Derek:  If you don't think you'll use the filter often, you might consider
a filter adapter. I have 49mm filters for my Olympus M and 85/2 Jupiter.
I bought a 39-49mm adapter ring.  That lets me use the less expensive 49mm
stuff on my M lenses when necessary. Perhaps a 55mm to 46 mm ring exists.
That, plus a foldable rubber lens hood doesn't take up much space, but
would be there for you when you needed it at minimum expense.

When I saw the price of a genuine Leitz polarizer, I decided the adapter
route was quite viable!

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA