Subject: RE: [Leica] dogs and kids
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 14:05:32 -0800 (PST)

however im sure that
> its not possible
> to have 'completely unflappable and kidproof' animals.
> Animals are
> animals and regardless of their domestication they must
> still have
> animal instincts?
>

> Jason Vicinanza

    Not claiming to be an animal psychiatrist, I can only
speak from my personal experience.  Which now covers fifty
years.  I could relate stories from my family, but I was
not old enough that I can remember them myself.
    Fluff was a 13 pound, mixed breed tomcat which we
raised from a kitten.  My little sister, as a toddler, used
him as a dress-up doll, pillow, and "warm and fuzzy".  In
the nine years before his untimely death he was the object
of attention of the four children in my immediate family,
plus a half dozen playmates from the neighborhood.  To my
knowlege, he never scratched or bit a child.  When he had
had enough of their attention he would walk ( or run ) to
one of the older kids or adults to be "rescued".
    I watched this cat almost kill an 80 pound German
shepard.  I also watched him leave the spot where he was
lazing in the morning sun to walk to a spot between my
father and a loose dog coming down the street.  The dog
changed his direction of travel.
    My family members have all had similar results with
dogs, cats of varying breeds, and even a ferret.

    All I can say is seeing is believing.