Subject: Re: [Leica] cri de coeur
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 20:42:35 +0800

You are faced with a challenging task....

>>to photograph her while she still resembles "the person I imagine myself
>>to be."

I am led to presume that your friend would like you to photograph her as
she was before she had the operation or adjuvant therapy. This will be
capturing her features in those  glowing moments before the effects of
chemotherapy or radiotherapy changes her appearance.

My advice will be to:

1. Do it quickly and  before adjuvant therapy
2. (and I agree with Alastair), do it in B&W if you can
3. Ask her what aspects of her goodself  that she would like to preserve
for posterity and capture the essence as such, and..............
4. Preserve her dignity in the process.

Chances are...she is likely to be gone  in a few short years. Just tell
yourself... whatever that you  are planning to do....make sure that there
are no regrets at the end of the day.

Dan K.

Message from Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@wm.edu> ([Leica] cri de coeur)