Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: lens cleaning...
From: "Don" <don.ro@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 06:29:12 -0500

I use ClearSight on a $7,000 underwater video lens that comes into
direct contact with sea water and droplets of sea water often dry onto
the lens before I am able to use distilled water to flush the salt water
off the lens.  In many places such as Bonaire, there is no distilled
water on the shelf. So far, ClearSight has worked perfectly.

I take one sheet of paper toweling, fold it many times and then tear off
the end which makes a nice "brush" and then ClearSight is liberally
applied to the lens, the "brush" is used to swab the lens. Then the used
part of the 'brush" is torn off to expose a new "brush" tip, ClearSight
is applied again and swabbed.  This cycle is repeated at least 3 times.

I have not tried it on my Leica lenses as I have not used them since I
purchased ClearSight.

Don R.