Subject: RE: [Leica] PAW -- Criticism or Stroking?
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:40:55 -0600

I started doing the PAW for the same reasons that Sonny offered. This
week marks week 52 for me, although a few weeks have gotten bunched up
on me requiring a catch-up period.

The PAW project motivates me to practice and to try new things. Like
performing in front of an audience, the peer pressure tends to bring out
the best in us. If one wishes to learn the piano, one has to play it
badly for a while, but it is nice to go back and see that improvement
has happened. But I also understand Mark's position on this, and have
stopped posting on the LUG simply because there seem to be more folks
annoyed or offended by amateur work in this group. There are other
groups devoted to taking and critiquing pictures on the Topica forums
and Yahoo forums. No sense in my offending people if I don't need to.

In the 1960's, my brother used to show up at parties with his guitar and
sing for everyone. Most people wished he wouldn't. I like to think that
I'm more perceptive of my environment. :-)

Best Regards,

Jeffery L. Smith

Replies: Reply from "Jeffery L. Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net> (Re: [Leica] PAW -- Criticism or Stroking?)