Subject: [Leica] Which to keep: M4 Black paint or M3?
From: "Logan Reinwood" <reinwood007@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 13:56:55 +0000

Hi,

I am considering selling one of my M body. I own a M7, a M2, a M3 and a
black paint M4.

I do not feel the need to have 4 M bodies, I never use more than three at
the same time. And I would like to raise some money for a Tri-Elmar and/or a
changing my 90/2.8 (current version) for a 90 APO Asph + 90/2.8 thin
version.

I want to keep the M7 (of course :-)) and the M2. I am considering selling
either my M3 or my M4 black paint. The M3 is mint and the M4 is one of these
black paint bodies that works perfectly but look nicely severly used, like
the the one of J. Marshall that was in the Che Guevara
booklet(http://members.lycos.co.uk/JemK/Pic-A-Week/marshall.htm)

I have the M3 mainly for the high mag of the VF (nice with the Noctilux),
but bought recently a 1.25 magnifier that I use either on the M2 or M7. So I
do not feel like needing the M3 anymore, but it is a nice piece...
I am not either a collector so I do not feel like keeping the M4 Black paint
forever, but it is a nice piece...

Any advice? beside buying a M5 and M6, so I have the M2-M3-M4-M5-M6-M7 range
;-)?

TIA, Logan.