Subject: RE: [Leica] Loose Top Plate on M7
From: Tom.Henson@bakerbotts.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:29:20 -0600

Thanks to all those that commented on the problem of the loose top plate on
my new M7.

I felt at the time it was a severe flaw and decided the best course of
action was to send it back to B&H for replacement. It should deliver back to
them today and I hope to hear from them in the next day or two.

I hope Henri is able to look at the camera and put a call into Leica, NJ.

While this does appear to be an isolated case (since no one else seemed to
have this problem), it is still severe enough to question why this camera
was shipped from Solms in the first place. Especially since it came with a
quality assurance inspection card with a signature.

A mystery which I may never know or understand.

Tom Henson