Subject: RE: [Leica] REAL questions about warranty
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 19:16:50 -0500

Hi Richard,

> A concrete
> question, if I
> buy a slightly used M from a person (not a dealer), and he has
> most of the
> 3 year warranty left

Are you talking about the Passport "plan"?  If so, it is not transferable.
If you are talking about the International Warranty (which I don't believe
is three years, but I don't know), then yes, it's transferable.

> A) If something goes wrong, does it mean I have to send in for
> repair until
> HIS name? ugh, what about address?

If it's Passport, and you want Leica to repair it under the Passport "plan",
then I believe you need to send it in under his name and address.  If it is
the International Warranty, then you can send it in your name.

> B) Can I just take the camera to any authorized repair person
> does it have
> to go to Leica somewhere?

Same as above.

Regards,