Subject: Re: [Leica] Wrist straps
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 13:29:11 -0800

Paul wrote:

> M,
>
> I have used the original Leica wrist strap. Still do, from time to time.
> It works good. Especially when walking around looking for pictures,
> it's like the camera is always ready. Then, of course, you may still
> want to hang it round your neck, when going in the supermarket or
> something like that. Pros and cons. Well. I don't know if this was
> any good answer. I like it. Go get it.
>
> Paul

I used to use wrist straps when i first got my M6 10 years ago and I
took my camera everywhere for a  year or two.
Once or twice it may have prevented a catastrophe. Once or twice it got
in the way and prevented my from getting an important shot.
The fact that the tripod hole on the M6 is not centered but way off to
the side made the wrist strap at all doable.
Centered I don't think it would work. Coincidence that i just happened
to be using the only off center camera one was liable to run into. And
old Nikon F2?
It was one of those generic brands you get on those revolving displays.
I got two of them. Later I tried rigging up my own using various
materiels like Austin Franklin does but no great luck.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Message from "Paul" <ubet@telia.com> (Re: [Leica] Wrist straps)