Subject: [Leica] FS: 85/2 Nikkor lens (LTM), Nikon LS-2000 film scanner
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 14:57:50 -0700

I've done some upgrading to my kit, hence the following two items are for sale:

- -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 85mm f/2 Nikkor P.C lens in Leica Thread Mount *

If you want an f/2 medium telephoto and don't want to spend Leica money,
this is probably your best choice in a reasonably-available lens.  It is a
Japanese tweak on the already-superb Zeiss 85/2 Sonnar, made in
beautifully-machined chrome-plated brass.  I've used it mostly for indoor
theatrical and concert shooting. Serial #289,3xx.

The lens is a wonderful shooter, in EXC to EXC+ shape.  There are a few
scratches on the chrome barrel and a some flecks of dust inside the
lens.  The glass is great!  The focusing is smooth and well-damped.  The
diaphragm ring turns freely.  There looks to be a trace of oil on a couple
of the blades, only visible at narrow apertures.  The lens includes a
matching chrome hood/filter holder that I have always left on the
lens.  The hood works fine, but is more scratched and brassed than the
lens, so I suspect it originally came  with a different lens.  Generic
plastic caps are included: a 55m cap for the hood and an LTM cap for the rear.

I've posted numerous pictures taken with this lens on the LUG and
LEG.  Examples:

f/2:  http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/currentpics/katimsaward.htm
f/2:  http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/currentpics/bravahelen.htm
f/2:  http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/currentpics/roar.htm
f/2.8: http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/currentpics/quartet.htm

Price:  $275.00, or $300.00 with a 90mm V/C LTM to M adapter.  Buyer pays
shipping.

* Nikon Coolscan LS-2000 Film/Slide Scanner *

This excellent 2700 dpi film scanner generates files that are great for
critical printing up to about letter-size. It includes Digital ICE for dust
and scratch removal on color and chromogenic B&W.  Works superbly with
VueScan.  Scanner is in good working order and excellent cosmetic shape,
and includes the following:

- - LS-2000 scanner
- - MA-20 slide mount adapter
- - FH-2 film holder
- - SA-20 motorized film strip adapter (for batch scanning of up to 6 negs)
- - User's Guide, Reference Manual
- - CDs and spiral bound manuals for NikonScan 2.x (PC), Nikon Control (Mac)
- - Floppy disk for Adaptec EZ-SCSI Lite 4.01.a

DOES *NOT* INCUDE SCSI CARD OR CABLE!!  These are readily and cheaply
available from computer stores or "The Auction Site."  The latest NikonScan
can be downloaded from the Web, but I highly recommend VueScan.

Price:  $375.00  Buyer pays shipping.

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA