Subject: Re: [Leica] R8/R9 Digital Back announced
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 07:33:47 +1000

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 03:09  AM, bdcolen wrote:

> <snip>
> The real bottom like here is that it doesn't matter whether Leica
> produces a full-frame, 20 mgp digital camera from scratch, or an SL
> with
> an Etch-A-Sketch Superglued to the back - a certain number of people
> who
> believe that if it is Leica, it is "best," will buy it. ;-)

When I'm out shooting soccer teams, I see lots of the Dad's having a
close look at the R8s sitting on their tripods.  Some strike up a
conversation.  One or two play with it!  "Great gear", "Nice stuff",
"Beautiful equipment" are comments I've heard over the last few weeks.
What they don't know is the one of the bodies was chewing up film, and
that any cheapo camera would have taken a better shot of the team I
misfocussed with.  And guess what, for that U14 girls team, I noticed
in the barely acceptable prints that the coach was wearing a Leica
baseball cap.  Bewdy!

Rick.