Subject: Re: [Leica] New Kodak Film?
From: "David M. dorn" <dmdorn_ct_usa@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:49:33 -0400

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, Simon Lamb wrote:

> Chris
>
> You need to get your cameras checked.  The Kodak HDR that we have in
> the UK
> is very free from grain and very sharp with excellent colours.  Amateur
> Photographer rated it very highly in their lab review.
>
> Simon

Simon, I have not read the Amateur Photographer review ( I am in the
US)  but all my color negative work is now shot with the  "High
Definition" film.  If Chris used a photo lab for processing, that could
well be the cause of his problem.  Fortunately, I have a local camera
store who does superlative color work.  I have some HD pictures up on
my web site:

http://www.homepage.mac.com/dmdorn_ct_usa

In the first color photo, The Phoenix Mutual Building, the left margin
includes the side of another building whose construction is textured
cement with coarse stone.  When in Photoshop,  the original 35mm scan
(at 4,000 dpi) at actual pixels  reveals individual stones in the
concrete aggregate.  Of course there is no way the image saved for the
web can reproduce the detail of the original.

David M. Dorn
Hartford, CT 06106
USA

Best regards,