Subject: RE:[Leica] Full circle with Nikons
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 22:03:48 +0200

>Felix will forgive me if I'm not 100% in tune with where his head and
>heart are at with these things.

Mark, of course I do. I'm starting to think that my all this story of my
huge ammount of photographic equipment could seem as some kind of
arrogance. It's not. Let me explain it, and it's not a pleasure for me,
that most of them come from my father shop. Some years ago, I was the
Purchasing General Manager of Altos Hornos de Vizcaya (big steel plant)
and my father who didn't wish to retire (at 80) started going
economically badly. As he was too pridefull to receive monetary help I
started buying him material and, beeing a aficionado with some Nikon
material, I finished with lots of cameras (more than 30) and lenses
(almost 70). My father couldn't survive his bankrupt and few years after
died. Sincerely I cannot, and I don't wish, sell anything. I even added
some ore gear. Already retired  every time I shoot I remember my
father.Excuse me for boring you with this personal story.

Kind regards

Felix