Subject: Re: [Leica] wedding photographers are overpaid
From: "Jim McIntyre" <mcintyre@ca.inter.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 23:32:41 -0500

Mark,

To clarify, my post was making a somewhat OT & tongue-in-cheek reference to
the latest entry in the Merriam-Webster dictionary. I wasn't the one who
made the reference to wedding photographers being better off working at
mcdonalds. I've shot weddings, and have colleagues who paid their mortgage
shooting weddings. But I think the point being made is not about the
shooting of weddings but rather the money after expenses issue that results
in renumeration that does not fully compensate the skill and work required.
If that's "stupidity", then I'll have to review the MW dictionary again.

BTW, I've done the civil war wedding shoots too.... as for knowing more than
what f8 and focusing is, I think I qualify.