Subject: Re: [Leica] Question for Mac users
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:33:39 -0800

Thanks for the various suggestions; there are sound reasons that I shan't trouble the LUG with why I can't use either a new wireless hub (Airport extreme) or Mac-based printer sharing to solve this problem. [The problem that I am trying to solve is the sharing of a photo-grade inkjet printer among several OS X Macintoshes, in an environment where it does not work to connect the printer directly to any of them.]

I am looking at these devices to solve my problem. Has any of you used any of them? With OS X? With Panther?

IOgear USB print server:
<http://iogear.com/products/product.php?Item=GPSU01>

IOgear wireless USB print server:
<http://iogear.com/products/product.php?Item=GPSR01U>

Hawking Technologies 1-port USB print server:
<http://www.hawkingtech.com/prodSpec.php?ProdID=132>

Silex Technology Pricom C-6100U USB print server:
<http://www.silexreseller.com/products_c6100u.htm>

Axis Communications 5500 USB print server
<http://www.axis.com/products/axis_5500/index.htm>

Brian Reid