Subject: [Leica] tv photojournalism ( try again)
From: Sonny Carter <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:37:39 -0800

Jerry,

I tried to send this a couple times yesterday, but somehow, my
postings are floating about in cyberspace.  Pardon if it gets posted
multiple times, but I think it should be said.

About four years ago,  first Place winner in TV Spot News for the
National Press Photographer's Association was
Lisa Berglund of KNSD/San Diego "Winning the War."   That was a
difficult competition; Her work was up against hundreds of Television News
Photographer's around the nation.

It is hard to be number one in that
group.  I know, because the highest I ever got was third place for some
terribly dramatic footage that almost cost my life, and certainly
ruined my Christmas morning.

Only you have been making heated and vicious generalizations in this
thread . You continue to use "wtf" in what otherwise could have been a
gentlemanly conversation.  You denigrated my former profession, and
used condescending language in addressing me.

I did not make a career in television news by being sensitive or by
having a short fuse.  That type of person would last about one day in a
professional newsroom. There are strong egos in a newsroom, and that
is as it should be.

The pressures and dangers in the profession lure
strong-willed people.  That is why I doubt what you say about PJ's
being told exactly what to shoot by reporters.

Sonny