Subject: [Leica] Visit to Solms - first announcement
From: "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 18:59:04 +0000

This is the first announcement of the proposed visit to Wetzlar/Solms by
the LUG and members of the Leica Forum. The proposal as outlined by
Leica is:

Arrival, Thursday, July 8th, in Wetzlar, home town of Oskar Barnack.
Booked in a Hotel down town (addresses can be given)
Friday, July 09th, meeting point in our main hall in Solms (about 6 km
off), close to 10 a.m., and factory tour. We show Leica lens production
in detail, from the optics to coating over mounting to final control,
parts of Leica final camera assembly, including sport optics, and, most
important, the Leica Historical exhibition. Photographing in the
production area is not permitted. The tour will end around noon. In our
main hall we have the Leica Picture Gallery and the famous Leica Shop,
where one can purchase Leica products.In the afternoon discussion with
our product management, product presentation,Q+A-period.
Saturday morning: visit of the town Wetzlar with cameras, photographic
field trip.
End of visit at Saturday afternoon and going home.

At the moment I have made no hotel enquiries and no travel plans but I
felt it important to get the dates fixed as early as possible to ensure
that the tour could be accommodated by Leica. If interested people would
like to email me OFF LIST I will keep a list and contact them nearer the
time.

Gerry
- --
Gerry Walden LRPS