Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica users complaining of high prices?
From: Clive Moss <chmphoto@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 21:00:53 -0600

Jeff S said the following on 12/3/2003 8:18 PM:
> So how come the very same folks who willingly spent as
> much as $2K for a 50mm lens are grumbling that the
> Digilux 2 costs $1850 for the complete camera
> including memory card?
Because a Noctilux is unique - it lets me take shots otherwise
untakeable. The D2 has no unique capability, AFAIK. And the memory card
is a joke, as are all cards bundled with cameras. I am sure it will feel
nicer than my Canon G3 -- but it will have very similar capabilities for
taking pictures.
I will still be tempted to buy it if it does feel better -- but I will
most likely wait for the next round of DSLRs.
- --
Clive
http://clive.moss.net