Subject: [Leica] R Lenses on Canon bodies?
From: Howard Ritter <hlritter@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 08:45:15 -0500

Pardon my ignorance, but once again in this forum I see reference to using
Leica R lenses on Canon SLR bodies. Intriguing idea, of course, given the
reviews that Canon's CMOS-sensor implementation has gotten--not to mention
the possibility of a quick and affordable route to digital for us owners of
R gear.

But--how is this done? Surely no mechanical adapter would be possible, and
Canon wouldn't have adopted the Leica R mounting architecture for its SLRs
(or would that be vice-versa?), would they? Or is one of my assumptions
incorrect?

- --howard

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] R Lenses on Canon bodies?)
Reply from John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] R Lenses on Canon bodies?)