Subject: Re: [Leica] see what happens when you stay home from work?
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:38:08 -0500

People often get upset when they see people being arrested by lots of
cops. It looks nasty. However as one cop pointed out to me when I was
riding round with him making a TV programme (I paraphrase) "When we
decide to arrest someone, we have to follow through. If they want to
fight, we have to fight. They get upset because they think it's going
to be a fair fight and it isn't. We are going to throw people at the
situation until we win. And believe me, we will win. We *will*
prevail." As we all know cops sometimes go (way) over the top. However,
anyone who runs from or decides to fight with the police is putting
themselves in a very bad place, and I'm afraid that is as it should be.

We adopted 'We will prevail' as our band's slogan after that, and it
became the title of our second album.