Subject: Re: [Leica] Inspired but arrested
From: frank.dernie@btinternet.com
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:21:36 +0000 (GMT)

The definition of "a yard" varies greatly depending where one is from. In England - at least the parts I have lived - the land attached to the house is always refered to as a garden, however it is arranged. A yard would assume concreted over or at least some sort of hard surface for work use for example farm yard or builders yard. I have never heard the word yard used in England to describe the land associated with the house or the garden.
cheers
Frank