Subject: RE: [Leica] Inspired but arrested
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 14:26:25 -0500

Hello? Daniel? Where do you get the idea that this would be totally
legal? You are confusing so many issues here I have no idea where to
begin. But..
The fact that a journalist can be barred from your private property does
not mean that you can violate laws on that property. Someone can be
barred from a hotel if the hotel owner deems that they are 'disturbing'
the guests. A reporter attempting to interview guests in the hotel could
be thrown out on those very grounds. BUT...the hotel is governed by
public accommodation laws - which hold that the owner cannot bar guests
on the basis of their race, religion, or ethnic origin.

So with all due respect, what I think is getting weirder and weirder by
the moment is your twisting of all this. If you want to just tell us
that your country is wonderful, and the U.S. sucks, go ahead and do so -
but stop playing these silly games.

B. D.