Subject: Re: [Leica] Inspired but arrested
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 14:09:48 -0500

At 08:00 PM 12/21/03 -0800, Adam Bridge wrote:
>The degree of enforcement in air quality is tied to the pollution levels
so if Virginia isn't past a certain level they won't trip some of the
emissions controls. In this part of the central valley they have now
instituted controls over wood-burning stoves and fireplaces and finally
they have figured out that OUR pollution is in part being contributed to by
what flows in from the Bay Area.

And, pray, instruct me as to why this is an item of interst for the Federal
Government of the United States?  Perhaps you can point me towards a
specific provision of the United States Constitution granting such power to
the Federal Govenment.  (I acknowledge that my copy of the Constition
appears to be defective, as it is missing "Article Seven":  the "If the
Feds do it, it is okay" provision.)

Seriously, reread the US Constitution and tell me WHERE environmental
protection is an item of interest for the Federal government.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] Inspired but arrested)