Subject: Re: [Leica] A day on the preserve
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:32:51 -0800

On 2003-12-23 telyt@earthlink.net (Doug Herr) thoughtfully wrote:

>> <http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/Wildlife/Color/E100VS-16-Fazio-crp-crv-shrp.j
>> pg
>
>I wish this had the bird's head in the reflection.  I presume it was too
>close for the 560?  Nice to have that problem ;-)

Ahem...you've heard the term "buck fever"?

We moved closer and I got the shot lined up so the head and the reflection were both in the frame...but I was so excited by being so close, and a tad unfamiliar with the lens' focusing characteristcs, so I (blush) forgot to refocus. With shorter focal length lenses I could get away with it.

Not the 560 wide open, anyway!

So while I have the blue heron perfectly framed, he's completely out of focus.

Learning experience #102.374589

Adam