Subject: Re: [Leica] Jobo Question
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard-lists@imagecraft.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 11:10:21 -0800

At 12:44 PM 1/8/2004 -0500, A. Lal wrote:
>Hi Nathan,
>
>Just a few questions regarding Jobo.
>
>I am interested in processing my own B&W film after a lapse of 20+ years
>and am wondering if there is any way to consistently process multiple
>rolls at a time using a Jobo and still get the same sort of results as
>traditional one-at-a-time tank developing ?

You will get consistency since the Job maintain constant agitation and
water temperature. HOWEVER - high acutane developer supposedly do not work
as well due to the constant agitation. The conventional wisdom is to
shorten the development time by 20-30% and lower the ISO of the film when
shooting by half.

I have done exactly two rolls of T-MAX400 in my Jobo. They look fine, but
this is by eyeball and loupe only, and not under an enlarger... My big
problem is that I use scanner/computer once the film is developed, and the
B&W attracts too much dust (I don't have a darkroom at all), so for the
time being, I am staying with using the Jobo on slide films. Work great there.

>Do you have to change dilutions, developing times or temperatures when
>using a Jobo as opposed to a tank?

The reverse bath needs to be 60% diluted. Check the Kodak/Jobo documentation.

use richard@imagecraft.com)

Message from Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] Any tips for the Hague in January?)