Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: It's so easy..
From: "David Rodgers" <davrodgers@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:50:52 -0800

Tina,

I've used an Epson 3000 with Piezography for 3 years. It's a great system
for b/w. I still use the original inks, not the new stuff. What impresses me
is the fact that the printer can go without use for a time, and still work
well. Never had much luck in that regard with color inkjets.

Seems that if my color inkjets sit idle for a couple of weeks it's a real
problem to get them printing again. I've tried various inks and different
techniques. Nothing I've found in the color world compares with my Piezo
setup. I've never needed more than one cleaning cycle with the 3000. I don't
know if it's the inks or the printer.

I still like to make prints in the darkroom. But digital printing sure is
easier.

DaveR