Subject: [Leica] What would you do if this happened to you?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Apr 4 15:42:34 2004

simon said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] What would you do if this happened to you?

> Only advice i  can give is allways carry cameras along with you.
> In the officials defence, there have been recent specific industry
warnings
> about small  cameras.
> So they are checked extra.It,s unfortunate but can,t be helped.<<<<<<<<

Hi Simon,
Much as it was in Barcelona for the '92 Summer Olympics regarding film and
scanning rolls whether the photographers liked it or not.

Just before the Games it was discovered by the international security forces
that film canisters had been tampered with and loaded with plastic
explosives. So scanning and security checks of film was very tight, of
course with the international photogs crying foul every time their film was
scanned.

But that was life in the fast lane of international terrorism to cause any
kind of disruption for any message they wished to leave. As far as I know no
one lost one image from the scanning and in some cases, on any given day
your film may have been scanned 4 or 5 times before it reached the Kodak lab
in the Main Press Centre for processing.

Nobody was exempt no matter how much whining and demanding rights etc they
gave. It was scan or leave, your choice. Everyone went with the scan
routine. But that's life on the international scene of sports these days.
Just wait for Athens!!!!!!!!!! :-( :-(

Some guys whined what could be done with a film canister full of plastic?
You don't want to know, particularly it if it goes off in your camera bag or
hand. :-(
ted

Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Grits!! (was: Kodak B&W 400 film))
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] What would you do if this happened to you?)
Message from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] What would you do if this happened to you?)