Subject: [Leica] Ks 15-4 set - what to do next
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sat Apr 10 23:15:59 2004

At 10:44 AM 4/10/04 -0400, John Glass wrote:

>> Recently was able to acquire a ks 15-4 set. Its not complete, missing from
>> what I can gather a meter and flash setup. A google search showed some info
>> that picked up my spirits greatly. The case with the contract plate, m2,and
>> 3 lenses.  The 3 lenses are engraved with inventory numbers from corps of
>> engineers service.

Hmm.  US military imaging equipment is the responsibility of the Army
Signal Corps, not the Engineers.  And the numbers are probably "Federal
Stock Numbers" or the later "International Stock Numbers".  These numbers
are the ordering numbers for every piece of NATO gear.  The US numbers are
assigned by the proponent US military agency -- for this set, that would be
the US Army Materiel Command, the senior supply agency in the Army.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Ks 15-4 set - what to do next)