Subject: [Leica] HC-B print prices
From: wharting at verizon.net (bill harting)
Date: Wed May 12 11:35:38 2004

> > Who's still got a darkroom?
> > <BEG>
> > Mark Rabiner
> > Photography
> > Portland Oregon

That's a good question. These days list discussion is dominated by the
(accurate) assumption that digital is here (it is). For most commercial uses
digital is necessary. How many of us still have darkrooms and of those, for
how many is it still central to what they are doing with their camera?

I, for one, get a pleasure out of making a traditional print that I don't
get yet from sitting at a computer and making a print on a printer. OTOH,
when someone asks me for a copy of a print, depending on who it is, they'll
get a digital file via email or a digital print. Or maybe a fiber,
dry-mounted silver print.

Those who still use their darkrooms, please raise your hands.

bill h