Subject: [Leica] Canon 135/3.5 lens
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Sep 15 08:34:42 2004

Ken,

On the IIIf a 135 VF is a must, I guess. But even on a M6, I use a separate
VF very often.  But as I already mentioned, the Canon 135 VF, at least the
one I have, isn't very good.

The cheapest alternative is the russian turret finder (about $35 on
e*ay)  which allows to see what's outside the 135-frame (what I appreciate
very much), but this VF has some more parallax distance as it is higher
than a 135-only VF. And whats great about this russian VF is the fact it
shows cross-hairs in the middle of the frame, which is very helpful in many
situations.

I would appreciate cross-hairs IN EVERY viewfinder, especially for
wide-angles,  but that's another topic...

Didier

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] Canon 135/3.5 lens)
Message from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] Canon 135/3.5 lens)