Subject: [Leica] Re: Is it the real thing?
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Wed Dec 8 06:23:20 2004

Only the racing Cobras originally had the wheel arch flares. A shame
that all the kits have the flares as the original Ace design is quite
pleasing without them.

In my "old" age, I have become a real fan of narrow tires. I like to
enjoy my driving but, what with small children, stray pets and the odd
moose or two, the speeds necessary to have fun with a car that can
generate over a G of cornering force are crazy for public road use.
Slap on a set of narrow tires and suddenly you doing four wheel drifts
in school drop off round-a-bout.

Heck, unplug a spark plug or two and suddenly you can drive flat out
everywhere and the police smile and wave as you go by. :-)

Driving fast cars slow is dull and boring. Driving slow cars fast is a
heck of a lot of fun!

What the h*** was the question?

John Collier

Message from jcb at visualimpressions.com (JCB) ([Leica] Re: Is it the real thing?)