Subject: [Leica] contax P&S cameras T3 & TVS III
From: langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer)
Date: Fri May 20 07:10:42 2005

Phillippe,

Good suggestion.  I have heard good things about the GR1 performance,
although not such good things about its reliability.  I was even
playing with one at a recent camera show in Montreal.  But as I have
compact 35mm cameras up the wazoo (Rollei 35SE, Petri Color 35, 2
Konica Auto S3s, Chinon Bellami, Contax TVS, Minolta CLE, Olympus XA,
XA-4 and Stylus,  Yashica T4 Super D, Hanimex EE, 3 Voigtlander Vito
Bs, 2 Vitos, etc, etc., the last thing that I need is to get more.
I've actually interested in selling one ot the Konicas rather than
acquiring a Ricoh.  Other than the Rollei, Contax TVS and Konica
glass, the Tessar-type Color Skopars on the little Vito Bs are also
better than the glass on the Olympus XA, by the way.  I love the Vito
Bs, which are cameras at their simplest -- just a very high quality
compact body with an outstanding lens and a simple leaf shutter.
Everything depends on the skills of the photographer, not on the bells
and whistles.

Which brings me to the non-Leica question, what compact, reasonably
pocketable beater camera is preferred by people on this list?

Mark

Replies: Reply from leica_korenman at hotmail.com (eric korenman) ([Leica] contax P&S cameras T3 & TVS III)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] contax P&S cameras T3 & TVS III)
Message from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] contax P&S cameras T3 & TVS III)