Subject: [Leica] Leica branded lenses
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Aug 26 15:58:29 2005

I had a Miranda F..... and I remember a short bout with a Pentax
Spotmatic.... match needle things...

Focus
figure meter reading/set aperture
( match the needle either stopped down or open aperture, I forget ( not as
old as the Canadian Photo Star, but getting there..))
stop down the lens
push the non-red button
advance film
open up lens

A PIA for sports... yes, mostly 1 meter reading was OK for a full game, but
the focus open, stop down was every shot.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

but the machines you're talking about it seems we took a hand held meter
reading set things ready and shot from there. But stayed close to wide open
to see.

Was this your meaning?

ted