Subject: [Leica] The Crucible
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Thu Oct 27 12:01:21 2005

In a message dated 10/27/2005 1:21:06 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
rangefinder@screengang.com writes:

I copied  and opened it in photoshop. The 1-pixel borderline has an average
RGB value of  27 24 33, the background at the right an average of 13 11 17 -
this should not  be black on any monitor. Monitors can be calibrated well or
not, but RGB  values can't lie.

Check  this:
http://www.needaphoto.co.uk/calibrating.htm
first chart: do you  see a difference between "Black" and "Very dark grey"?

Cheers  again
Didier

On one monitor I do not see the difference, and the other I do,  and  on the
one I cannot see the line. Incidentally the monitor is cranked all the  way
up
in brightness, and to the eye seems brighter than the other which shows
your
scale better.

Clearly you are far more demanding than I  about such  matters.   I'm mostly
interested in the image, not the single pixel line around the  picture.  I
never noticed the phenomenon before; it is not in my psd  versions, only on
the
saved for web versions. I'll try to keep an eye out  for it.

Thanks

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com