Subject: [Leica] My first problem with Vignetting
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon Nov 14 08:51:00 2005

>OK, I got it... A full roll of film, with several shots vignetted in the
>corners.  I always use a hood, but not all my hoods were made specifically
>for the lenses I use them on.. sometimes the hoods are for a generation
>before the lens.
>
>So now, to testing.... I have to figure out which combo I use that does not
>work right.....
>
>I may try the .. open the back and the shutter and just plain look at the
>corners through the back as you put the hood on, or I may have to try a roll
>of film and some reasonably straight forward record keeping.....
>
>We'll see.....
>
>Frank Filippone
>red735i@earthlink.net

Opening the back and looking through the corners with the shutter
open is a lot more accurate, besides being cheaper and faster, than
taking shots.

It's very easy to see when a hood or filter impinges on the rays that
go to the corners, even when the result may be missed on anything but
a truly evenly lit, featureless surface.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design

Replies: Reply from chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] My first problem with Vignetting)